This is a great side dish for all of your spring dishes.
Green Bean Almondine
Low carb and healthy.
- 1 pound fresh and trimmed green beans
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup slivered, blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and trim green beans
- Bring water to a boil and salt liberally, blanche the green beans for 4-5 minutes until they are tender crisp
- Melt butter over medium-low heat until sizzling and add the blanched almonds and saute for 3 minutes until they are golden.
- Reduce heat and add the garlic and saute for addition minute
- Transfer the blanched green beans from the boiling water to the butter almond mixture and combine and cook until beans are tender. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.